What is the Friends Fund?
As with all private schools, fundraising is a financially necessary part of running CMS. Tuition alone does not cover the cost of providing all the truly outstanding educational opportunities we wish for our children; tuition covers approximately 88% of our school’s operating costs. The Friends Fund allows CMS to consider projects that go above and beyond the operating baseline.
As we launch this year’s Friends Fund, we invite you to make a difference in the lives of children. We appeal to all members of our community — currently enrolled families, faculty, staff, board members, grandparents, alumni and their families, and all our special friends — to participate at whatever level they are able.
How are donations used?
Friends Fund proceeds are for the discretionary use of the school and give Charleston Montessori options that tuition and fees alone do not cover. The Friend Fund will be used for:
- unrestricted funding to sustain and enhance the school’s programs and facilities.
- scholarships for children of low-income families. CMS has awarded three need-based scholarships with the help of the Salvation Army Boys & Girls Club. Each scholarship covers full tuition for nine years of education at CMS.
- classroom enhancements including specialized Montessori materials and state of the art technology.
- musical instruments and art supplies.
- outdoor learning spaces.
- educational field trips.
- faculty professional development.
- growth of CMS’s endowment at The Greater Kanawha Valley Foundation.
Are gifts tax deductible?
Charleston Montessori, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. All gifts are 100% tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Acknowledgement will be provided on receipt of donation.
To make your gift to the Friends Fund, please click the “Donate” button above.